The top ten things inspiring the Catalyst Producers this month!
As we move into the Summer, we’ve been enjoying the sense of hope and lightness that comes with longer days and brighter skies. We’ve been diving into a new collective recontracting experiment with our Initiative Leads (folks responsible for most of Catalyst’s delivery work) as part of our strategic review. We’re working on other parts besides this that’ll help refine Catalyst’s shared vision for the future - find out how you can get involved here.
Themes of responding to user/sector/system needs, governance, decentralisation and democracy, relationships and inclusion have been strongly woven throughout these enquiries - see our collective weeknotes for updates. Beyond this immediate work, we’re appreciating the thinking of others, as ever. Here’s a snapshot:
- Siana attended an Inclusive Design Jam hosted by Sandra by Design, which was followed up with this bumper Inclusive Design Reading List
- I really loved Rachel Coldicutt’s Digital power glossary for the fresh and relevant framing it brings to digital inclusion conversations (the Digital Poverty Alliance’s UK Digital Poverty evidence review is also nuanced and thoughtful, and could build on this)
- Related and beyond digital literacy, Lou Downe makes a great case for Why we need service literacy now, in terms of power, access, accountability and unintended consequences
- GreaterThan’s piece on Building Thriving Networks and DOT PROJECT’s report on Creating Inclusive Communities of Practice struck a chord with our Collaborative Network circle
- Support & Training circle members SCVO published their fab Call to action for a Digitally Confident Scottish voluntary sector
- This Twitter thread by Lisa Gill of the Leadermorphosis podcast asking ‘If there was a post-teal, post-self-management/organisation, post-Agile etc. movement, what would the principles be?’ felt very pertinent
- We’re looking forward to trying out polling/opinion-categorising tool pol.is. Thanks to Edward Saperia at Newspeak House for that one.
- We’ve been enjoying MAIA’s Community of Collective Imagination event series
- Jo found a cool July event on Creative Connection with Land and Nature from fellow imagination practitioner, Canopy
- Siana loved this blog from Sonia at Collaborative Future on Why the waitress could be your best hire.
If you have a resource of any kind that you think we should have on our radar, please share it with us! We would love for the wider community to influence our work and provide creative input.