Using this website
When using this website, you should be able to:
- change contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve written the website text in plain English that is easy to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
The website meets the following accessibility criteria:
- the website is mobile responsive
- text alternatives for non-text content are provided
- we do not use images of text
- content is provided in a meaningful order
- presentation doesn't solely rely on colour
- the site can be navigated by keyboard only
- a "Skip to main content" link is provided
- keyboard focus is visible and clear
- helpful and clear page titles
- links clearly identify their destination
- contrast ratio between text and background is at least 4.5:1
- text can be resized to 200% without loss of content or function
- text spacing can be overridden to improve the reading experience
- graphic elements have a minimum of 3:1 contrast ratio
- there are several ways to find pages including navigational elements, page architecture and site search
- pages include clear headings and labels
- navigation menus are consistent
- use of buttons and icons is consistent
- changes in state or content are announced to a screen reader
- all page code has been checked for code errors and validated
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or Braille, email us: email@example.com
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within five working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is, in the main, compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. However there are some points to note:
- there is automatically scrolling text on the homepage which cannot be controlled (paused, stopped or frequency changed) by users – as highlighted in the accessibility report below
- HTML markup validation checkers are reading server-side rendering and highlights some errors surrounding role attributes. However, overrides have been put in place so that client-side rendering (i.e. how browsers render the website), the errors have been rectified. This is the way WebFlow (the platform on which this website is built) presents HTML markup to validation checkers, however for a user, the role attributes should be correct on their browsers
- there are certain limitations to the correct markup for accessibility owing to the restrictions of WebFlow (the platform on which this website is built). Where possible, ARIA labels and descriptions have been added to aid accessibility.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 29.04.21. It was last reviewed on 06.05.21.
This website was last tested on 06.05.21 by Climb Design.