#1 – This is the first of a new series showcasing the most useful and relevant digital content and opportunities produced by our network over the last seven days.
1. Building accessible and inclusive online services
30 min podcast. Published by SCVO and Third Sector Lab.
Useful because it:
- Features four real examples of how charities have achieved good levels of accessibility and inclusivity through digital services.
- Contains links to call notes and resources shared during the call
2. Children and Young People’s Services — DigiShift Zoom call
Live Zoom call on Friday 24th April, 11.30 -12.30pm. Run by SCVO and Third Sector Lab
- It’ll focus in challenges and solutions within the children and young people’s sector
- Four real life charities will talk about what they are doing
This will be the fourth SCVO DigiShift call. They are well run and very interactive. Sign up here.
3. Systematising charity learning during the Coronavirus outbreak
Written by Adam Groves, Design Lead at The Children’s Society
- It presents four lenses for exploring new ways of working during the pandemic
- It shares their methods for gathering insight into those new ways of working from across the organisation
Although The Children’s Society are a large charity, their approach has elements that any charity interested in taking a more design-based approach to their services can learn from. Read the article.
4. Online ‘Introduction to Content Design’ course
Self-study. Launches May 18th. Published by GOV.UK.
- It’ll teach you how to use content (words, data, images, etc) to make your online services more accessible and relevant to your beneficiaries
- It’s online, free and you can self-study in your own time
5. Introduction to Design Sprints
Online workshop Friday 24th April, 11:00–12:30pm. Run by Outlandish.
- It’ll teach you the basics of running design sprints to solve service delivery challenges
- It’s designed for people working in the social sector
Costs £15. Sign up here.
More next week
OK, we hope that worked for you. To reward you for getting to the end, here’s an extra puppy…
Our free services help you make the right decisions and put you in touch with the right agencies to make digital happen.
FREE resources to help you take control of your digital challenge.