#7 - The most relevant and useful digital content and events produced by the Catalyst network and beyond.
1. Contact tracing: How do you design an app millions of people will trust?
Article about the principles of designing a contact tracing app
Useful for charities because:
- It shows how to frame a tough design challenge, using a very relatable example we have all heard of
- It introduces the concepts of privacy and inclusivity in an easy to understand way
2. #DigiShift Zoom Call: Data Driven Charities
SCVO online learning event on Tuesday June 9th 2pm
Useful because it:
- It will show you how to use data to make better decisions
- It is interactive - so you can ask questions to the topic experts from Blackbaud and Datakind
3. Cyber Security – a how to guide
- It’ll help you feel more confident in finding the balance between supporting your staff and volunteers to access your systems, and securing them against cyber attack.
- It shows how cyber security is not just an IT issue
4. How charities are reaching out to tech-averse service users
By Charity Digital
- It’ll help you think about how to reach any of your users who don’t have tech or are tech-averse
- It includes some good examples to stimulate your thinking
5. What is Service Design and what does it mean for charities?
From Lightful’s archive.
- It gives a quite interesting, granular insight into what service design through the eyes of the Service Design Lead at Cancer Research UK
- It covers principles, differences to other methods and links to other useful resources
More next week
We’ve managed to stick to five for the fifth week running. That means we owe you one more puppy.
Happy reading, listening and learning.