1. Digital Safeguarding Resource Pack
40 page guide published by Against Violence and Abuse.
Useful because it:
- Describes online safeguarding principles and implementation steps better than anything we’ve seen so far
- Lots of situation specific advice relevant to different types of online service delivery
Get the pack.
2. What is essential? - TNL’s Digital Fund May Learning Event
Monday, May 18th, 15.30 - 17.00 (free)
Useful because it:
- Will stimulate your reflections on what has become essential for your charity since the pandemic started
- Will help you think about what you don’t want to continue with as your charity moves into the pandemic’s next phases
Sign up here.
3. Replacing live events and face to face contact in the COVID pandemic
Article by Outlandish, about a new platform they built for the European Union Youth Orchestra.
- Shows how easy and quick it can be to build an integrated online community platform using common web tools
- Includes clear descriptions of the end result with screenshots showing online events, downloadable resources and discussion forums
See how they did it.
4. Miro - realtime whiteboard for remote collaboration
Introduction to an online collaboration tool many charities are beginning to use across their remote teams.
Miro is useful for charities because it:
- Acts like an office whiteboard with extra features, while also being faster, neater and more flexible
- Has a free package but also offers charity discounts on paid packages
Watch 40 second intro.
5. DigiShift Zoom call: Digital Content and User Needs
Thursday 14th May, 14.00-15.30 (free)
- It’ll give you real examples of how using the right words and content can make your digital services work better
- It’ll give you some hands on techniques you can go away and try
Sign up. If you miss it read this instead.
More next week
We’ve managed to stick to five for the second week running. But as we've only shown you three puppies so far that means we owe you two more.
Happy reading, listening and learning.
If you liked this article and want to learn more about how digital can help your charity, then sign up for our free weekly newsletter
. Thank you!