Updates to this page:
3 March 2021
- A new brief has been published
- The four data insights briefs have had their deadline extended from 24th February to 1st March.
- 4 new data insights briefs have been published.
How Open Projects work
- Briefs are published on below. Each card shows a summary and full details including reporting requirements and assessment criteria are included in the linked document.
- You browse the briefs and can ask any questions by emailing the respective point person for each brief who will then add answers in the 'Bidders Questions' (or equivalent Q&A Google Doc) section of the brief.
- If you have a question about a specific programme, please check the slide decks linked in the text about each programme below before emailing us.
- Click the apply button on a brief to apply. Before you start completing the application form, you will be asked to complete an eligibility quiz. You will not be asked to submit a pitch deck.
- Our assessment team will select the best placed team for the work and notify both successful and unsuccessful applicants.
- Contracts are signed and the work begins! Our team will be on hand to support you throughout the work.
Who can apply
We are looking for digital agencies, charities, PLCs and other organisations that have relevant skills and experience to support the delivery of programmes as outlined in respective briefs.
To be eligible to apply for these briefs, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be aligned with our values
- Be incorporated in the UK (e.g. a registered entity with Companies House or charity with the Charity Commission)
- Be insured (£250k prof. indemnity, £5M public liability, £10M employers liability)
- Have the capacity/availability to engage
- Provide up to date accounts and be financially viable long term
- Provide privacy, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion and GDPR policies
Please refer to the Catalyst Handbook for eligibility and assessment general guidance, as well as templates for Safeguarding and Equality Diversity & Inclusion policies.
Many of the charities we work with support people and communities that suffer from structural inequality and systemic discrimination. Addressing these challenges requires a solid understanding of deep-rooted issues, so we are particularly keen to hear from teams who can bring their own lived-experiences to bear alongside their technical expertise, and/or who have previously worked with a civil society or public sector organisation.
We strongly encourage applications from individuals and teams of all different backgrounds and identities to apply for our briefs.
Please note: You are welcome to bid for multiple briefs across different programmes. If you can only deliver a certain number of those due to your capacity, please state this in the declaration form at the end of the application (this won't affect how we score your application).
Complete this form to get updates about new Catalyst briefs and other paid opportunities.
This handbook contains information on the different ways digital partners can get involved with Catalyst, plus all of the processes, templates and practical tools you'll need.
Contact us if you have any questions or need any more information.